The book, Think and Grow Rich has sold over 15 million copies worldwide. It's often quoted and referenced by A-list celebrities and entrepreneurs.
In the book he talks about the 13 principles to think and grow rich. He claims these are the principles and practices that many successful people in the world have used to succeed. Of the many well-known names he mentions, are Henry Ford, Helen Keller, Thomas A. Edison, Edward C. Barnes, and Andrew Carnegie.
Chapter two of the book talks about the principle of desire. He says, "Desire backed by faith knows no such thing as failure." He shares 6 steps to take to obtain riches. In his steps he focuses on money but any wealth or goal you wish to acquire can be used as well.
The six steps are:
1. Fix in your mind the exact amount of $$$$$$ you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say, "I want plenty of money." BE DEFINITE as to the amount.
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (No such reality for something for nothing.)
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire. Name the time limit for its acquisition. State what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before bed and once after rising in the morning. As you read, SEE and FEEL, and BELIEVE yourself already in possession of the money.
Research shows that you are more likely to accomplish your goals if you write them down. Neuropsychologists call this the, "generation effect." This effect explains that an individual demonstrates better memory for material they've generated themselves compared to material they've merely read.
The way I see it is, it doesn't hurt to try. So, why not give it a try? Let me know how it goes for you in the comments below.